Depending on the services you've opted into, Shop Loql Selling Partners may be charged for using Shop Loql’s services. This Fees and Payments Policy explains fees and taxes and how they are distributed and charged.
This policy is a part of our Selling Partner Participation Agreement. By opening a Shop Loql storefront and signing our Selling Partner Participation Agreement, you are authorizing your brand(s) to be sold on shoploql.com, which are subject to our Fees and Payment Policy, incorporated by reference into the Selling Partner Participation Agreement.
1. Types of Fees
Sellers generally may select from three options to participate in the Shop Loql website. These options are:
- Shop Loql-fulfilled and shipped orders: Under this option, the selling partner provides Shop Loql with its logo, brand name, tagline or other business identifier, and works with Shop Loql to determine the product(s) on which to place such identifier. Payment for the product(s) is secured by Shop Loql, and 15% of the regular price of the product is paid out to the selling partner after each payment cycle.
- Partner-fulfilled and shipped orders: Under this option, the selling partner offers its products for sale on Shop Loql’s website. When an order is received, Shop Loql forwards the order information to the selling partner, who is responsible for confirming the order line items, shipping the ordered product(s) to the customer and providing Shop Loql with necessary tracking information. This requires the Storefront to have sufficient product on hand to fulfill such orders and avoid partially fulfilled or unfulfilled orders. Payment for the product(s) is secured by Shop Loql, and 85% of the regular price of the product plus the pre-determined shipping fee is paid out to the selling partner after each payment cycle.
- Partner fulfilled, Shop Loql shipped orders: Under this option, the selling partner offers its products for sale on Shop Loql’s website. When an order is received, Shop Loql forwards the order information to the selling partner, who is responsible for only confirming the order line items. Shop Loql will then send a representative or carrier to pick up outgoing orders and ship them on your behalf. This requires the Storefront to have sufficient product on hand to fulfill such orders and avoid partially fulfilled or unfulfilled orders. Payment for the product(s) is secured by Shop Loql, and 80% of the regular price of the product plus the pre-determined shipping fee is paid out to the selling partner after each payment cycle.
Shop Loql Ads Fees
Selling Partners are never charged for ads or promotions they have not requested. For more information, please see the Advertising & Marketing Policy.
Offsite Ads Fees
Shop Loql purchases offsite advertising from a network of participating partners, such as social networks and search engines. If you request that such advertising includes your listing, a buyer clicks on it, and then places any orders from your shop within 30 days of that click, you will be charged an advertising fee of an additional 5% of the sale on these orders, excluding taxes and shipping costs. Occasionally, Shop Loql will feature a specific selling partner or product that Shop Loql selects. If this occurs, the Storefront is not charged a fee for that advertising if they have not requested this. For more information, please see the Advertising & Marketing Policy.
2. Fee Avoidance
Any action by a selling partner to avoid paying a fee is considered fee avoidance and is strictly prohibited by Shop Loql. This includes, for example, encouraging Shop Loql customers to purchase an item outside of Shop Loql. A transaction initiated on Shop Loql may not be completed off of Shop Loql. The price stated in each listing description must be an accurate representation of the sale.
3. Paying your Shop Loql Fees
Shop Loql will automatically deduct all fees owed prior to remitting funds to you, along with a bi-weekly statement. Your bi-weekly statement will be sent to you via the email address provided when you establish your storefront, and will detail all sales, taxes and fees activity from the preceding month. Any funds due to you for the bi-weekly period will be remitted within seven (7) days of release of the bi-weekly statement.
4. Shop Loql Payments
Shop Loql enables sellers to accept various forms of payment while using Shop Loql’s services. Our Partners can accept payment by credit card, debit card, Shop Loql Gift Card and Shop Loql Credit, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay. Shop Loql reserves the right to update acceptable forms of payment at any time.
Where Shop Loql is required to collect sales tax on your behalf, Shop Loql will use the category you assigned to each listing to calculate, collect, and remit the applicable taxes. The Storefront is responsible for ensuring that all of your listings are properly categorized, and you agree to indemnify Shop Loql for any losses it incurs in connection with any mis-categorization of your listings by you. If the purchase is fulfilled by Shop Loql, we will determine the correct classification.
Shop Loql will collect the sales tax amount from the customer and pay this to the relevant tax authority.
For items shipped to certain states, including but not limited to Washington state (or, for digital items, those purchased with a Washington state billing address), Shop Loql will use the category to calculate, collect, and remit the applicable sales tax. Note that in those states where Shop Loql is required to collect on sales into the state made by nonresident sellers, Shop Loql will also be collecting on those sales made by resident sellers.
6. Shop Loql Gift Cards, Shop Loql Credits & Shop Loql Coupons
Shop Loql may accept payment by Shop Loql Gift Cards, Shop Loql Credits, and Shop Loql Coupons when issued by Shop Loql. Use of these options does not impact the fees paid to you, the selling partner.